cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartsheet connector - single quote inserted at the beginning of string

Hello,

If this is something that I need to address with Smartsheet please let me know. I have a power automate flow that parses data from an email and sends it to a Smartsheet. For numbers, a single quote is being inserted at the beginning of the stringle (example: '056001) that is causing some headaches within the Smartsheet. I CANNOT turn this into an integer because it is possible for the data to contain letters (example: 00N250). I have seen this solution within the forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Google-Sheets-Formatting-amp-Apostrophe-in-fr... and frankly it is not an acceptable answer to me. Here is the output of a JSON connector that feeds into a Smartsheet "Insert row" connector:

{
  "Type": "Domestic",
  "Number": "054779",
  "Landlord Account": false,
  "Bill Adjustment Possibility": true,
  "Spike Start Date": "2020-09-11T00:00:00",
  "Billing Cycle Length": 30,
  "Spike kGal Amount": 67,
  "Spike Bill $ Amount": "$309.03",
  "Sewer Bill $ Amount": "$162.18"
}

Is this an encoding issue? What are the root causes of this exactly? 

Thank you,

Kurt

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Not knowing anything about Smartsheet, you may have a few options. You could create a Filter Array from the output, or you could use the join action to turn it into a comma delimited list.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE. Want to know more? Follow @BradGroux on Twitter, and check out my Medium blog at https://msft.engineer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (13,097)