Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToFj
Helper II
Helper II

Solution flow - XRM API error message.

Hi everyone, 

I have a solution flow where one part is making 8 Sharepoint lists that I later feed into some Sharepoint pages in another part of the solution flow. 

Now I tried adding a nine list, which really doesn't do anything new compared to the other lists, but when I now press save it throws me this XRM API error message. 

Do you guys have any suggestions to what might cause this error and how I can fix it? 

Best regards 
Tord

Error message: 
Request to XRM API failed with server error: 'Message: Timeout occurred when calling the XRM api' Code: InnerError: Type: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException Message: A task was canceled. StackTrace: at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.EventSources.IHttpEventSourceExtensions.<TraceHttpOutgoingRequest>d__5.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1195823\repo\src\common\eventsources\IHttpEventSource.cs:line 927 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.XrmDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass70_0`1.<<CallXrmApi>b__0>d.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1204264\repo\src\processsimple\Roles\ProcessSimple.Data\DataProviders\Services\XrmDataProvider.cs:line 1286 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1195823\repo\src\common\core\algorithms\AsyncRetry.cs:line 0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1195823\repo\src\common\core\algorithms\AsyncRetry.cs:line 171 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.XrmDataProvider.<CallXrmApi>d__70`1.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1204264\repo\src\processsimple\Roles\ProcessSimple.Data\DataProviders\Services\XrmDataProvider.cs:line 0 InternalException: '. The tracking Id is '3fdfd962-5e67-4194-8970-59914cbba233'.

Screenshot of Flow:
Create Lists part of solution flow.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ToFj,

Feels like you are hitting a limit. Maybe check this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

I also notice you have a couple of dead-ends in your last three parallel branches. I don't know if that is on purpose?

@Jcook has written a nice blog about this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Adding-a-New-Parallel-Branch-Goes-...

Hope this helps a bit?

View solution in original post

ToFj
Helper II
Helper II

Seems that the problem was connected with running to many Http requests in parallel and that this capped at around 9 concurrent actions. I have now put them in sequence and the problem is no longer there. 

What I found curious though is that putting all the parallel sequences inside scopes also seemed to fix the problem. Even though the scope in it self doesn't really do anything except give some structure. 

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ToFj,

Feels like you are hitting a limit. Maybe check this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

I also notice you have a couple of dead-ends in your last three parallel branches. I don't know if that is on purpose?

@Jcook has written a nice blog about this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Adding-a-New-Parallel-Branch-Goes-...

Hope this helps a bit?

ToFj
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thanks for the links. I don't think I reached any limits as to number of actions, parallel branches or nested levels at least. Are there any limits specifically related to having many HTTP requests? As this is almost every action in the flow except for some parsing, compose actions and variable initializing. 

Adding another screenshots of the upper level of my flow, in case that helps. The child flow causing the problem is is the one with the red circle. The whole thing is only two levels deep. 

Upper level UCM Automation Flow - red outline.JPG

ToFj
Helper II
Helper II

Seems that the problem was connected with running to many Http requests in parallel and that this capped at around 9 concurrent actions. I have now put them in sequence and the problem is no longer there. 

What I found curious though is that putting all the parallel sequences inside scopes also seemed to fix the problem. Even though the scope in it self doesn't really do anything except give some structure. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (46,529)