cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Strange Behavior with Content Approval on SharePoint Item

I have a flow that is triggered when a File or Item is modified.   It has a trigger condition that causes it to run only when the 'EmailSent' field is false.

In this flow we are checking for the Content Approval to Not = Pending.    Once the Content approval has changed, the rest of the flow runs and sends emails and depending on the value starts a flow approval process.

At the end it updates the EmailSent field.

Some of the items this flow runs on has their content approval status set back to Pending.    There is no action in the Flow to do this.  All it's doing is checking it.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne  so the issue is that content approval is getting set to Pending even if its not Pending after the flow runs? Do you have versioning turned on, on the list? If no, then turn on for a while just to see in version history of what is causing the Status to update, you could see when status is updated and why which user.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

The workflow checks the status of the content approval.  If it is still pending, then it ends.  If it has changed (the change is manual in the SharePoint list), then it proceeds and performs its actions based on approved or rejected.   At the end of the workflow it sets the EmailSent field to yes.  

That is the only change it is making.  In looking at the version history, it appears that the only change between it being approved and then set back to pending is the update of the EmailSent field.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@JR-BejeweledOne  can you share the screenshot of the action that updates the EmailSent field? Is it an update item action? 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Here.  It's a long one so I broke it down into 3 screenshots.

@JR-BejeweledOne  i think i understood your issue now, it is SharePoint's functionality that it will change the approval status to Pending if item data changed after it is approved.

As alternate solution you can set the Content approval status to approved from flow after the item update using Set Content Approval Status action

annajhaveri_0-1621000544713.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (3,207)