cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmel5
Frequent Visitor

Struggling with Get File Content

I am currently trying to use flow to grab file content of Excel sheets that are uploaded to Sharepoint, and enter it into corresponding columns in SQL. However, the output for flow's Get File Content function is only a dynamic variable called "File Content".  Is there any way to translate that singular output variable into the actual column variables it contains in order to update SQL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmel5,

Do you want to insert all the rows of the excel file to SQL table when a excel file is created in the sharepoint libaray?

Or do you want to insert all the rows of the existing excel file to SQL table in the sharepoint libaray?

If you want to insert all the rows of the existing excel file to SQL table in the sharepoint libaray,you could refer to screeenhsot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

If you want to insert all the rows of the excel file to SQL table when a excel file is created in the sharepoint libaray, I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs, because the "List rows present in a table" action don't support to choose a new created file in the trigger.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmel5,

Do you want to insert all the rows of the excel file to SQL table when a excel file is created in the sharepoint libaray?

Or do you want to insert all the rows of the existing excel file to SQL table in the sharepoint libaray?

If you want to insert all the rows of the existing excel file to SQL table in the sharepoint libaray,you could refer to screeenhsot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

If you want to insert all the rows of the excel file to SQL table when a excel file is created in the sharepoint libaray, I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs, because the "List rows present in a table" action don't support to choose a new created file in the trigger.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

nickas

Hello,

I would like to read files content in SharePoint  and in the meantime to present content detail in parrallell columns in Sharepoint.

For example,

Basically we have name, date, status etc.

Using REST API, will be name, date, status, id, worker_name, licence_number etc. How I could achieve this in SharePoint? Maybe need use Microsoft Power Flow? Is could  be used for getting file content: http://mysite.sharepoint.com/<site_name>/_api/web/getfilebyserverrelativeurl('<url>)/$value?binarySt... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,924)