cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_thakur
Frequent Visitor

Stuck Flows in waiting state

We have a new Flow which went live today and they act upon Sharepoint when a new object is created in a list. They are all stuck in waiting with orange 429 errors or with no obvious error (one stage is green and the rest are unprocessed) we’ve now cancelled all the ones with 429 (throttling) errors and put in retry logic and concurrency logic to the flow and saved it but still nothing is processing.

I’ve tried rerunning a couple which are in the waiting state and get an error about 183 waiting to run and it only allowing 30 to be in the queue at any one time (set in a property I can’t access through the gui), but nothing seems to be happening.

Can anyone suggest ways to get it working again or seen this Throttling behaviour from Sharepoint before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This has now been fixed. Apparently there is a limit of 100 Email notifications per day per user when using the Send mail notification Flow Action!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robin_thakur,

Could you please share screenshots of your Flow configuration?

We need to know the logic of your Flow to understand which step will stock.

In general speaking, 429 error means the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting").

You can refer to this document to check the per minute calls limit of Flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sure here is the flow.flow1.png

Flow2.png

There is an approval below notification which waits 5 days for a response. I think adding the retry to do so less often and a limit of 10 times has fixed the immediate problem with throttling in SharePoint. 

Unfortunately I think implementing the concurrency at 50 was the wrong idea due to the wait condition on the approval, as it stops processing new flows when there are upto 50 waiting for approval.  Is there any way to remove/workaround the concurrency setting after it's been set without having to rewrite the Flow completely? When we try, it errors. 

Hi @Robin_thakur,

You can have a try to delete the notification email action and then create a new one, and not to set any retry setting.

I have tested on my side, but not find the same issue:Annotation 2019-10-10 140608.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But we do want the notification to be sent as part of the workflow, it's not really an optional part, so is that still applicable. At the moment, we can't even manually set off 30 workflows without it throttling out the account used. 

This has now been fixed. Apparently there is a limit of 100 Email notifications per day per user when using the Send mail notification Flow Action!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,877)