cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wackmack88
Level 8

Stuck with checkbox to yes/no instead true/false

Hi,

My flow with PowerApps, SP is almost done. The layout in Outlook is awesome except i need to change checkbox from true/false. When i check the flow, is this the column:

@{triggerBody()?['Testcolumn']}. I tried the combination but till know, nothing works. When i copy my examples, Flow doenst see the TestColumn, who sees my fault?

if(equals{(triggerBody()?['testcolumn']},True),'Yes','No')
if(equals@(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],True),'Yes','No')
if@(equals@(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],True),'Yes','No')
if(@equals@(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],True),'Yes','No')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Stuck with checkbox to yes/no instead true/false

@Wackmack88 

The easyest way to add an expression in Flow is by means ofthe option Dynamic Content available in almost all Action blocks. If you add it this way you don't need neither {} characters nor the @ character

Flow_add_expressions.png

What's the format of triggerBody()?['testcolumn']? is it a string or a boolean?

Do you want to convert it to a string 'Yes' / 'No'?

In my opinion, the easiest way to inspect the content of triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is to add it as Dynamic Content in a Compose action block, run again the Flow, and inspect the results

Assuming you want to convert triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] to a 'Yes' / 'No' string, please also note:

-if triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is type boolean (True / False) you can represent it by different means, one of then is by means of the expressions: bool(1) / bool(0). So... if(equals(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],bool(1)),'Yes','No')

-if triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is type string, you need to use ' character. So... if(equals(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],'True'),'Yes','No')

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Wackmack88 

The easyest way to add an expression in Flow is by means ofthe option Dynamic Content available in almost all Action blocks. If you add it this way you don't need neither {} characters nor the @ character

Flow_add_expressions.png

What's the format of triggerBody()?['testcolumn']? is it a string or a boolean?

Do you want to convert it to a string 'Yes' / 'No'?

In my opinion, the easiest way to inspect the content of triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is to add it as Dynamic Content in a Compose action block, run again the Flow, and inspect the results

Assuming you want to convert triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] to a 'Yes' / 'No' string, please also note:

-if triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is type boolean (True / False) you can represent it by different means, one of then is by means of the expressions: bool(1) / bool(0). So... if(equals(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],bool(1)),'Yes','No')

-if triggerBody()?['testcolumn'] is type string, you need to use ' character. So... if(equals(triggerBody()?['testcolumn'],'True'),'Yes','No')

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wackmack88
Level 8

Hi! 

That looks nice. I used the checkbox column in the Send to outlook connector. After this i saw the output was true or false instead yes/no. I will try your solution, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,632)