cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garce
Regular Visitor

Sync Google calendar to office 365

I have a flow working for more than a year. Everything i create, update or delete a google calendar event it creates, updates an office calendar event

2 weeks ago it stopped working due to error 249 (too much API use I think)

I am unable to get it to restart. Any suggestions?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
garce
Regular Visitor

It seems I was able to resolve this

I turned off the broken flow

I saved it w a new name (error generated due to non existing template. Just ignore it)

Turn on copy

Copy works!

View solution in original post

shu
Community Support
Community Support

@garce 429 error usually means throttling and you can create several different Google calendar connector and assign different connector to the flow.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

garce
Regular Visitor

Thanks, good idea to split in several ones to avoid throttling. Maybe I can randomize it on two paths with different google connectors. Something like when action happens, check timestamp, if second is even use google connector 1, otherwise use google connector 2

One thing to note though, my flow was permanently stuck/broken. It didnt run for three weeks. I had gotten errors before but they only impacted one particular run of the flow. So although using separate flows is a good idea this seemed like a different problem

5 REPLIES 5
garce
Regular Visitor

It seems I was able to resolve this

I turned off the broken flow

I saved it w a new name (error generated due to non existing template. Just ignore it)

Turn on copy

Copy works!

shu
Community Support
Community Support

@garce 429 error usually means throttling and you can create several different Google calendar connector and assign different connector to the flow.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

garce
Regular Visitor

Thanks, good idea to split in several ones to avoid throttling. Maybe I can randomize it on two paths with different google connectors. Something like when action happens, check timestamp, if second is even use google connector 1, otherwise use google connector 2

One thing to note though, my flow was permanently stuck/broken. It didnt run for three weeks. I had gotten errors before but they only impacted one particular run of the flow. So although using separate flows is a good idea this seemed like a different problem

jamesrice

This happened to my Google Cal > Outlook cal flow that has worked great for years.  I'm using the create event (v4) and now the flow keeps failing, because of a date/time error.  I've looked through the string formatting (I have zero expression skills) issues and have tried:

addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['start'], -60,'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ') - which fails.
formatDateTime - which fails, and UTC convert, etc. All fail.  

Why doesn't the standard "Event Start Date-Time" dynamic content work in both start and end fields?

This used to be easy and while there is a template for outlook to google cal, I can't find the reverse.

I would also be interested in a template for Google to Office 365 sync, covering newly created, updated and deleted event. Please let me know if someone knows where to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,079)