cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMMvM
Regular Visitor

Systemic Issue? Passing Date from Form to SPO List stopped working

3 days ago, all was fine. Inexplicably, a Flow is now erroring-out with the message:

" The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/[FIELD_NAME]' is required to be of type 'String/date'. The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/date'. "

Inexplicably, some date fields are still working fine, others not. I've even deleted and re-created the fields having the error. One works for 1 run, then the same issue occurs again. 

Is anyone else encountering this? Is MS aware of anything making this spontaneously happen as of 12/7/20?

Appreciate any insights! I was just about to demo this new system of Form-Flow-SPO list. Darn it.

This is nothing fancy, no functions, no special formatting. Simply feeding a SharePoint Online list date field with the date submitted in an MS Form.

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CMMvM,

12/7/20 is no problem. The error will happen when the provide date value is an invalid date or empty value. You could check the run history to see if the date field has no value.

To prevent this issue occur, you could use formatDateTime() function to keep the input date always has a valid value:

formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Screenshot 2020-12-09 132608.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin Tu,

I will try the formatting. However, I do believe there is an MS back-end issue for the following reason:

Through much testing, I've found that THE DATE FIELDS CAUSING FLOW FAILS ARE THE ONES INVOLVED IN BRANCHING LOGIC. They are required when not skipped, and causing an error with the branching logic (correctly) skips them.

For example:

Q1: Date Required - no problem

Q2: Date Required - no problem

Q3: Yes/No Question Required

Q for Q3 answer = Yes: Date field required - no problem

Q for Q3 answer = No: Date field require - ISSUE IF USER ANSWERED NO AND THUS THE FORM SKIPS THIS ONE

For other fields that are required but are skipped when the branching logic dictates it, the same scenario.

Can engineers look into this please? I believe the branching logic is a relatively new feature to Forms.

Thanks!

CMMvM
Regular Visitor

No trouble-shooting seems to be working, and the issue seems to be only for certain dates in the MS Form - the ones involved in branching logic. They now error-out even when I make them optional. Other dates (required but preceding any branching logic) are working just fine, as normal.

When I format the dates with the function - per reply above from Lin Tu - I get new error of null received when a value is expected.

I'm simply populating an SPO list with the information from an MS Form; I've been doing this for years and have a number that are live and working fine. As mentioned, other date fields in this same Form and Flow to SPO are working okay. And, this just started happening this week, though all was okay last week. I'm concerned about the Flow connector between MS Forms to SPO Lists.

I'm also concerned about changes being made to MS Forms: for fleeting moment yesterday, at the end of a form, I got an option (link) to print the answers to PDF. I had never seen that before, and then it disappeared and hasn't yet reappeared. I'm wondering if changes are being rolled out and then pulled back?

Please advise?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (56,311)