cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tho_Gav
Level: Powered On

Team flow not running for my colleague

Hi,

I created a simple flow to send me a push notification whenever a new mail arrives in a shared mailbox. All well so far. Then I invited my colleague to this flow and it was moved to Team flows and he also got an email about this. However we cannot get this flow to run for him. It still works for me but in order to get things spinning he had to copy the flow to make it appear under his flows. It seems we are missing something here but cannot see what? We are both admins on the tenant and the shared mailbox so access rights should not be the issue.

Appreciate any help 🙂

Thx

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Team flow not running for my colleague

@Tho_Gav :

If you share a Flow with another user, they can edit the Flow but the actions will not "run as " them unless they change the connections on the actions.

If the intent is for them to use their own connections, you are better off using the "send a copy" feature.  A copy of the Flow will be sent to the individuals that you specify.  They can import the Flow and will be asked to supply their own connection info when importing.

Sendcopy.jpg

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Tho_Gav :

When you say that the Flow will not run for him, what do you mean?

Making the Flow a Team Flow should allow your colleague to edit the Flow.  It won't automatically run with his connections, etc..

If this answers your question, please mark you post as Solved.

Scott

Scott
Tho_Gav
Level: Powered On

Hi @ScottShearer

I believe this is the essence of my question as I have tried to find out what happens after you make a flow a team flow. 

I thought it would automatically run as the select user as soon as I as an owner added them to the flow. If I understand you correctly he (they) would need to edit and "save as" to make it appear under their "My Flows". Is that correct? And if so you could then actually see team flows as templates for others to use?

Thx

Thomas

Super User
Super User

@Tho_Gav :

If you share a Flow with another user, they can edit the Flow but the actions will not "run as " them unless they change the connections on the actions.

If the intent is for them to use their own connections, you are better off using the "send a copy" feature.  A copy of the Flow will be sent to the individuals that you specify.  They can import the Flow and will be asked to supply their own connection info when importing.

Sendcopy.jpg

Scott

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,632)