Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MelSmith
Level: Power Up

Teams flow to check for new messages and send summary email only if they exist

Hi All,

I have built a teams flow that emails members of my team with all posts made in the last 10 minutes whenever a new message is posted in a particular channel.

I am also aware of how to send a weekly update of all new messages in the channel as shown here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Send-a-summary-email-of-Microsoft-...

However what I want is something that once a day checks if there are any new messages in the channel, if there are it sends out a summary and if there are no messages posted in the last 24 hours it does not send an email (rather than just sending an email containing no messages).

Please could someone advise me how to do this?

EDIT: Please feel free to move this to the "Building Flows" board; I didn't originally notice there were separate boards for building and running flows and I can't work out how to move or delete the post myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Teams flow to check for new messages and send summary email only if they exist

Hi @MelSmith ,

You could add a Condition under the "Filter Array" action to check the length of the records, and do all your following actions inside the If yes branch of the Condition, leave the If no branch of the Condition blank.

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Teams flow to check for new messages and send summary email only if they exist

Hi @MelSmith ,

You could add a Condition under the "Filter Array" action to check the length of the records, and do all your following actions inside the If yes branch of the Condition, leave the If no branch of the Condition blank.

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,467)