cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmyBabinchak
Advocate I
Advocate I

Template: Create SharePoint item and send email when email arrives in shared mailbox

This template is looking for email that arrives in shared mailbox and creating a Sharepoint item from it. However, it creates and item with all of the HTML encoding included making it unreadable. As you can see in the image below when selecting to put the Body of the email into the description field ,its a mess and unreadable. How can I it only send the readable text of the email to this field?

sample of template result.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmyBabinchak
Advocate I
Advocate I

After some fussing around I was able to figure this out. I didn't see your suggestion Kaif but it is part of what I ended up doing. Here is my new Flow and it is working as desired. I'll give you a thumbs up for your suggestion because had i seen it in time it would have sent me along this same path. Update item was the final key.Create Microsot Lists item from email after conversion from html.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kaif_Siddique
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @AmyBabinchak ,

Add a step 'Html to text'

Kaif_Siddique_0-1663784990871.png

Convert body to text and update output in SharePoint Description field.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
If this helps, please Accept as solution.

Regards

Kaif

AmyBabinchak
Advocate I
Advocate I

After some fussing around I was able to figure this out. I didn't see your suggestion Kaif but it is part of what I ended up doing. Here is my new Flow and it is working as desired. I'll give you a thumbs up for your suggestion because had i seen it in time it would have sent me along this same path. Update item was the final key.Create Microsot Lists item from email after conversion from html.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,984)