cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Terminate other instances

Can we terminate workflow instances in MS Flow using powershell?
I have a case where I need to terminate other running workflow instances and start a new instance. There is no option in ms flow to terminate other workflow instances. Is there any way to stop other instances?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Terminate other instances

Hey @sandhiya 

You can use the flow management trigger in flow to stop a flow (this means to turn off a flow). And note that once you turn of the flow from another flow and there was an active run going on in that, it will first complete that run and then turn off the flow. And this is not doable from powershell as of now. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea post or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Terminate other instances

Hey @sandhiya 

You can use the flow management trigger in flow to stop a flow (this means to turn off a flow). And note that once you turn of the flow from another flow and there was an active run going on in that, it will first complete that run and then turn off the flow. And this is not doable from powershell as of now. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea post or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,132)