cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Basic_User007
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Testing, Cancelling Flows still triggered

Anyone else had issue where they have tested a Flow then cancelled the remaining actions but still seem to be triggered? 

 

I have an approval workflow that is linked to a SharePoint list and triggered by a Form - the Form is triggered first which sets off the approval workflow and writes back to SP list. 

 

I have noticed that if I have run several tests which I then cancel as I don't need to progress with these the approval emails still seem to be triggered but with incorrect ID numbers - the ID numbers on my SP list are correct. However the approval request ID (despite taking it from the Get Items dynamic content) is incorrect. So I can end up with multiple approval emails for the same ID number when their ID number is different in SP. There then seems to be a loop of if I action these approval emails with a approve or reject that it automatically triggers the next approval email which I have cancelled - very annoying and confusing!! And making my testing more labourious than it needs to be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to troubleshoot this internally to resolve the issue. 

In my flow I had actions to compose and concatenate to produce a specific ID number to create request ID for the list value.

What we added to resolve the issue was step previous to apply to each to initialize requestID and step after compose 2 to set requestID - as per attached screenshot. This prevented any funny additional lines being created during testing - although this did not happen during pre-testing. Sharing for info - although I am still unclear as to the reason behind adding these additional actions?  Happy to have it all working again. 

 

 

 

 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

 

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

 

What is “Request ID”? Is it custom Id field in your list?

 

Please share more details on the flow to help reproduce this issue.

 

Best regards,

Mabel

 

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to troubleshoot this internally to resolve the issue. 

In my flow I had actions to compose and concatenate to produce a specific ID number to create request ID for the list value.

What we added to resolve the issue was step previous to apply to each to initialize requestID and step after compose 2 to set requestID - as per attached screenshot. This prevented any funny additional lines being created during testing - although this did not happen during pre-testing. Sharing for info - although I am still unclear as to the reason behind adding these additional actions?  Happy to have it all working again. 

 

 

 

 

View solution in original post

 

create id.png

 

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

 

Thanks for updating and sharing.

 

Glad to hear that you’ve figured out a solution and it is working for you now.

 

Best regards,

Mabel

 

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (873)