cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The WinAutomation user agent could not be found. Ensure that WinAutomation version 9.2.1 or greater is installed and configured correctly - UI flow

I am using winautmation version  9.2.1.5758 in the desktop used for unattended automation. When i run the workflow using attended mode it all works like charm. But when i try to run the workflow with unattended mode i get the following error

The WinAutomation user agent could not be found. Ensure that WinAutomation version 9.2.1 or greater is installed and configured correctly and that processes can be run manually.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @achyutbiz ,

I have made a test on my side and hope the links below could help:

https://support.softomotive.com/support/solutions/articles/35000104692-winautomation-machine-agent-s...

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi 

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried the command as per your suggestion but i got the below error

[SC] CreateService FAILED 1073:

The specified service already exists.

To handles this issue. I tried to remove the service and recreated again, no luck. same issue as below

The WinAutomation user agent could not be found. Ensure that WinAutomation version 9.2.1 or greater is installed and configured correctly

Highlighted

I also tried re-installing winautomation in default (C:) drive instead of D drive. No luck. same error

Highlighted

Even i am facing the same issue.Please help me on this.

sandeep_k_0-1595427973415.png

Highlighted

Same issue. Run mode "Attended" works fine. Run Mode "UnAttended" with the user logged out and no active host sessions does not.

AzureVM - Win10 version 2004 OS Build 19041.388
WinAutomation Version 9.2.1.5758

WinAutomation service is running

Process Run Policy 

If you are logged in and the worksation is locked:
Set to Unlock & Start Process
IF you are not logged in:
Set to Login & Start Process
If the physical screen of the worksation is not available:
Set to Start Process in Non-Interactive Mode

Please advise.

Highlighted

Hi All,

I did tried multiple ways to resolve this issue. One approach which helped to overcome this bottleneck is,  instead of desktop recording, I tried to invoke PowerShell scripts by connecting remote machine {e.g. i can connect multiple servers to check its storage size and update the content in SharePoint List). I did followed the same steps except replacing the recording stuffs in PowerShell .

I am still waiting for a solution for desktop recording as PowerShell scripts cannot be used for all desktop related automation.

Hope the PowerShell script approach might help for many use cases, especially infra operations and monitoring stuffs

Highlighted

During each WinAutomation Unattended attempt that I receive the error message "The WinAutomation user agent could not be found. Ensure that WinAutomation version 9.2.1 or greater is installed and configured correctly - UI flow" the Windows event log shows a login Audit Failure (EventID 4625) under the caller process name C:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft UI flows\UIFlowService.exe. Is the UIFlowService passing authentication to WinAutomation and does it work for Unattended? Is someone else able to verify?

Highlighted

Hi s3tst,

as i said earlier, unattended flow is working if there is no recording actions (both UI flow recorder and winautomate recorder).

i used powershell for monitoring and update in SharePoint online. It is all working fine.

unattendedflowwithpwershell.JPG

I also tried another option. I wrote a script to login to SAP console and run a tcode. It is also working fine in unattended mode but if you try to record something, there comes the issue and i strongly doubt it is a bug in Microsoft integration with WinAutomation and they need to resolve this ASAP for customers to use. Only after buying WinAutomation from softomotive, Microsoft RPA is usable to some extent. Otherwise it was useless with a half baked UI flow recorder  till date  with useless samples like calculator function recording.

Intermittent solution for now if you are able to achieve what you are recording with a PowerShell or any other script which is supported by WinAutomation, then it works unattended. Also script works very fast when compared to recording,

Cheers,

Achyut

Highlighted

I tried this today. I also have a quite large SAP automation re-built using WinAutomation. Attended mode works like a charm. I tried to switch to unattended mode and I am facing the same error. Has anyone heard anything back from MS regarding this issue?
Highlighted

Hey @achyutbiz and others!

Good news! The reason why WinAutomation is failing in this scenario, is that, as per my conversation with Microsoft, "unattended starts a user session on the machine, which itself starts other processes within that user session as well. It turns out that this error can happen UI flows desktop attempts to call WinAutomation process happens before the WinAutomation user agent starts in the user session".

To workaround this issue as long as this is not fixed, recommendation is to put "Delay" action before actually calling WinAutomation action inside your UI flow. The "Delay" action is GA starting today, so you should find it in your tenant already:

2020-07-29_09-12-49.png

Add it, set delay to eg. 15 seconds and try then. Works fine for me!

Highlighted

@TomaszPoszytek  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,193)