cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aakashdmorya
Level: Powered On

The response is not in a JSON format - Working with SharePoint List and Flow

I am having a list which has 4800 items. I am iterating a flow on each item to process. While flow is in running mode, it always fails for a random ID with the reason "The response is not in a JSON format.".

Initially I thought of some data problem, but when I ran flow multiple times then I realized that the same error is occurring for different id in different runs. For example,

1. For ID 3962, flow ran successfully.
  2. For second run, for ID 3962 thrown error
  3. For third run, same error occurred for ID 4528 and for ID 3962, the flow ran successfully.

So any one have idea what may causing an issue? Please find below snapshot.

Capture.PNG

Actual Error message:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "unitedstates-002.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "9c1eb846-a4fd-4891-946d-0a2bac080285",
    "message": "The response is not in a JSON format.",
    "innerError": "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN\"\"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd\">\r\n<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Service Unavailable</TITLE>\r\n<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Content-Type\" Content=\"text/html; charset=us-ascii\"></HEAD>\r\n<BODY><h2>Service Unavailable</h2>\r\n<hr><p>HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.</p>\r\n</BODY></HTML>\r\n"
  }
}

Any help or suggestion is most welcome

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The response is not in a JSON format - Working with SharePoint List and Flow

Hi @aakashdmorya,

The error code 500 or 502 appears means the failure is temporary or transient. It’s possible the server is overloaded or there are network issues between the two servers. It’s also possible there’s an improperly configured firewall or even a coding error.

Please click or tap Resubmit to try the flow again and let me know if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,397)