Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

The runtime value to be converted doesnt have expected format

Hi Folks, 

I have  the Power Automate flow which converts Excel to SharePoint list. In my Excel File, few columns are date fields. In my flow the following error has been thrown . Doesn't have the expected format date. I can confirm that it is a date field in Excel. I did search many posts but clearly I am not getting output. 

ragavanrajan_0-1601010931398.png

I have tried many flow expressions including formatdatetimevalue but no luck

Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: The runtime value to be converted doesnt have expected format

@ragavanrajan As @v-alzhan-msft  mentioned the screenshot of your configuration will help us understand your requirement better.

43873 is the number of days between 30-12-1899 to the current date, this is how format Excel stores values added to cells of 'Date' format. 

To work around the problem, you will need to apply the formula below.

addDays('1899–12–30T00:00:00Z',int(item()?['YourDateColumnName']))

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ragavanrajan 

Hey Mate, Have a look at https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-date-time-data-of-excel-in-power-automate 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @CFernandes , Thanks for the link. Still I am facing the following error. 

I have used the formatdatetime function.

ragavanrajan_0-1601238813505.png

Please help 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ragavanrajan ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the configuration of your flow so we could better help you and provide the proper workaround?

You could take a try with the expression as below:

addDays('1900-01-01',add(int(43873),-2))

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01',add(int(43873),-2)),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ragavanrajan As @v-alzhan-msft  mentioned the screenshot of your configuration will help us understand your requirement better.

43873 is the number of days between 30-12-1899 to the current date, this is how format Excel stores values added to cells of 'Date' format. 

To work around the problem, you will need to apply the formula below.

addDays('1899–12–30T00:00:00Z',int(item()?['YourDateColumnName']))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (8,800)