cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ercwebdev
Frequent Visitor

The specified user SharingLinks 400 error

Hi all,

I have a flow that runs daily and will filter and update a small batch of List items as required. It usually runs fine, but on some days it will not update a couple of the list items, throwing up a couple of strange weird errors that I can't seem to find any info one:

For example ,this one:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""The specified user SharingLinks.b1b7a4af-dfe5-4b80-afa8-484fe7467c9c.OrganizationView.130e72dc-0d5f-4965-939c-288d664be3d9 could not be found.\r\nclientRequestId: 651beb75-6275-431e-af66-67b20354e1f8\r\nserviceRequestId: 651beb75-6275-431e-af66-67b20354e1f8"
}

Can anyone shed some light on this as to what is going on?
Thanks
Alan 
2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ercwebdev,

It is possible to share an item instead of assigning permission levels to it. So, my guess is that for the items you are using some where shared via links.

sharinglinks.png

When you retrieve the roleassignments (users and objects who have access) of that item you will see that the loginname of that sharing link in the roledefitionbindings will show up as SharingLinks.guid.

Are you by any chance using that LoginName field for something else in your flow?

sharinglinks_rolebinding.png

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply that would kinda make sense. Certainly not using that LoginName field anywhere else, didn't even know it existed! I looked through the version history of the item and did notice that the SharingLinks.guid was appearing a few versions back, however in the current version the value for this column (PrevAssignedNew) is actually correctly set to a real user, not a Sharing guid. So not sure if this is where it is picking it up from and more puzzling if so, why it is doing this, etc. I'll have to do some more rooting around and try and get to the bottom of it, but thanks a lot of pointing me in the right direction. Have attached a screen grab of the version history.

Thanks

Alan Sharing Links Version History.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,441)