cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mab17
Level: Powered On

Time Off Flow error message, unsure of how to correct and get item to update on SP Calendar

I've created the following flow for employees requesting time off:

When an item is created in SharePoint, start an approval, then, once approved, send email to employee and add item to our SharePoint calendar. 

Most times, this flow is working without any problems, however occasionally, the flow portion of adding item to the calendar is not working.  In these cases, the flow shows that it was successful.  What would be causing this final step to not work and how can I adjust the start date/time format to read in 12 hour standard time format, not 24 hour military time format? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Time Off Flow error message, unsure of how to correct and get item to update on SP Calendar

Hi @mab17,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to change the start date/time of the your SharePoint calendar event into 12 hour standard time format?

Further, could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:11.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:12.JPG

13.JPG

In addition, if you want to display the start date/time of your SharePoint Calendar event in 12 hour standard time format, I think it is not necessary to add extra action to adjust the format of the start date/time, the start date/time (or end date/time) of SharePoint Calendar event displays in 12 hour standard time format by default:14.JPG

If you just want to change a date/time into 12 hour standard time format, please take a try with the following formula:

formatDateTime(yourtimestamp,'G')

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:15.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:16.JPG

More details about Date function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language#functions

More details about standard date and time format strings, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-date-and-time-format-strings#th...

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Time Off Flow error message, unsure of how to correct and get item to update on SP Calendar

Hi @mab17,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to change the start date/time of the your SharePoint calendar event into 12 hour standard time format?

Further, could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:11.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:12.JPG

13.JPG

In addition, if you want to display the start date/time of your SharePoint Calendar event in 12 hour standard time format, I think it is not necessary to add extra action to adjust the format of the start date/time, the start date/time (or end date/time) of SharePoint Calendar event displays in 12 hour standard time format by default:14.JPG

If you just want to change a date/time into 12 hour standard time format, please take a try with the following formula:

formatDateTime(yourtimestamp,'G')

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:15.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:16.JPG

More details about Date function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language#functions

More details about standard date and time format strings, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-date-and-time-format-strings#th...

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mab17
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your reply.  I did look over my flow and realized instead of the action "Create item" in the calendar once vacation/time-off was approved, I had set up "Update Item".  After correcting this issue, I was able to get flow to work properly. 

I Still curious about the time format:

Once time-off request has been approved, the employee receives this email:

"Your Time Off request has been approved for Other starting on 2018-05-13T12:00:00Z and ending on 2018-05-13T22:00:00Z."

Based on the test time off request I inserted, I asked off from 7am - 5pm CST but the format of date and time above seems to pull from some other time zone.

I've verified that our settings on SharePoint 2016 are set to CST.   How do I get the format of date/time to appear correctly in the response email?

Thanks,

Margaret 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,947)