cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiyzuo
Level: Power Up

Transferring files between institutional accounts

Hello! I'm currently transitioning from one to another institution and both of them use Office 365. I plan to transfer all my files between my two institutional (or business?) onedrive accounts. However, when I use the template and try to sign in my former institution's onedrive account (which is still valid until August), I am notified that there's no microsoft account associated with my former institutional email. How can I proceed? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transferring files between institutional accounts

Hi @zhiyzuo ,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to copy all the files in one account to another through Flow.

The existing actions-List files in folder/ List files in the root folder action cannot get the files in the subfolders, so all the files cannot be obtained.

There is no guarantee that if subfolders will also contain subfolders, so there are certain restrictions on these actions.

In addition, you could consider synchronizing the files of both accounts to the local client, then copying all the files in the expected account to another account locally, and then synchronizing the local files to the cloud.

For more details on Sync SharePoint files with the OneDrive for Business sync client, please refer to the Online doc:

sync-sharepoint-files-with-the-onedrive-for-business-sync-client

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @zhiyzuo ,

The template in the link you provided is for OneDrive for Personal connection. If you use Office 365 account to configure the connection, you will encounter this error. This template requires a Microsoft account to configure the connection.

If you are using an Office 365 account, please use this template below:

21.PNG

It's also worth noting that files from OneDrive for Business cannot be transferred to OneDrive for Personal using either of these templates.

This is two different services, so it is not able to transfer files directly.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
zhiyzuo
Level: Power Up

Thanks for the reply! However, how can I really copy the files? When I createed the flow, I set the two accounts as my two institutional accounts. Then I proceed to the following step:

Screenshot (2).png 

What should I fill in? I want to copy EVERYTHING from one to the other. I had a hard time finding appropriate tutorials. Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @zhiyzuo ,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to copy all the files in one account to another through Flow.

The existing actions-List files in folder/ List files in the root folder action cannot get the files in the subfolders, so all the files cannot be obtained.

There is no guarantee that if subfolders will also contain subfolders, so there are certain restrictions on these actions.

In addition, you could consider synchronizing the files of both accounts to the local client, then copying all the files in the expected account to another account locally, and then synchronizing the local files to the cloud.

For more details on Sync SharePoint files with the OneDrive for Business sync client, please refer to the Online doc:

sync-sharepoint-files-with-the-onedrive-for-business-sync-client

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 5,411 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: