cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trigger Flow in Excel

Trying to use the Flow Excel Template "Send an email for a selected row", the description states that to use it "To trigger the flow, select a row inside your table, go to the Data tab in the Excel ribbon, and select Flow." Nowhere in Office 365 Excel version 1803 do I see the referenced Flow button in the Data Tab on the Ribbon even though I have the data in a Table as specified and have selected a Row. What am I missing here?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Trigger Flow in Excel

Hi @dpace23236,

As I see from template description this template is related to Excel Online (Business) and also that this trigger is in Preview yet, so there is possible it will be changed in future until it will be publicly released. That means it will be available in excel online, not the office 365 excel you have installed on your computer.

ExcelPic.png

And also I'm not sure how far is rolling of this functionality in Excel Online, it can take some time till it will be available in your tenant for use.

P. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,673)