cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a flow based on an email domain

Hi,

Im pretty new to Flow and i want to create a flow based on when a new email arrives from a specific domain and not a specific adress. For example I don't want the flow to trigger based on the email "thename@emaildomain.com" but instead on everything at "@emaildomain.com". I have tried to use *@emaildomain.com but noting seems to work.

Any ideas?

Br

Erik 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ erikf,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want the flow would be triggered when the email is sent by a email address with a specific domain?

Microsoft flow support to the flow would be triggered when the email is sent by a specific email address currently,

Triggering a flow when the email is sent by a email address with a specific domain is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

However, you could add a condition under the trigger to check if the email is sent by the specific domain, if the email is sent by the specific domain, you could add some action under the step, if the email isn't sent by the specific domain, do nothing.

I have made a test on my side,you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

When an email arrives by a domain "microsoft", the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (5,766)