Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Trigger a mail on change of the field in the powerapps

Hi 

I have created an powerapp when I am upating the field in the  powerapps it should trigger a mail to the user(it should trigger mail on the specific field update in the list) not on the list item update like i when the filed value changes from pending to the approved or rejected.

please help me out

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Trigger a mail on change of the field in the powerapps

Hi @Naresh,

It seems that you want to send out an email when a specific field in list is modified. It might be not possible currently, there is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-trigger-for-SharePoint-list-columns/idi-p/88...

As a temporary workaround, you could try to add a Condition in the flow to check if the value for the specific column is equal to Approved/Rejected. If yes, send out the email, if no, do nothing.

Please have a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Please let me know how to check the specific field value with the switch case.

I have to send a mail to the user when created with the link the user has to approve it.

While approving the user will change the field value to approved or rejected then it should trigger the acknowledgment mail to the user created.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi @v-yamao-msft

I have two levels of approval. when the second approval column updates it will send mail to the first approval as well?

how can i restrict

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,546)