cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Troubleshooting flow: Can't Expand Loop

One of my users is reporting that a Loop Until condition isn't being satisfied, even though they're sure they're adding the information it's looking for. The problem is, when I pull up the running flow and click on the loop, it's not expanding. How can I examine the parameters of each step inside the loop if I can't expand the loop to examine them?

Loop won't expand when I look into the running flow:

Closed Loop.JPG

Here is what the loop looks like expanded in the flow editor:

Open Loop.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Troubleshooting flow: Can't Expand Loop

Hi @Mark_Petereit,

Yes, we couldn't expand the loop when the loop is on running.

If you want to expand the loop to examine them, you could wait until the flow is finished or the loop is finished.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If a loop runs until a condition is satisfied, the user is convinced the condition is satisfied, but it’s still looping, how am I supposed to troubleshoot the actions inside the loop to determine why the conditions are not being satisfied?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is still a HUGE debugging issue. I have a flow that simply has not kicked off a function inside a loop.

Here's what that looks like:

Monitor.PNGI'd LOVE to examine the steps inside that loop to determine what's going on, but when I click the loop, it doesn't expand.

Here's what's inside that loop:

Edit.PNG

I need to be able to expand the loop so I examine that aproval step to determine WHY it's not sending the approval. But I can't. Because someone made the decision that loops can't be opened for troubleshooting running flows.

That's VERY frustrating!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that this is a huge debugging issue. You are also unable to see the results if you manually cancel a flow while the loop is running. You are only able to view the contents of the loop if it is succesful which completely eliminates the possibility to debug it when necessary. I ran a loop for over an hour without the result I expected and was unable to debug it because of this limitation. After this failure I had to add an email notification and re-run the loop in order to debug it. This flow has schedule limitations which also required me to restructure the entire flow to make it work around those limitations. Over all this debugging limitation created hours worth of extra work for something that took me 5 minutes to debug in the end.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Totally agree with that. Call me crazy but wasn't it possible to inspect a running loop before? In any case, at least, I would be important to be able to inspect it when we cancel the execution if it's not possible while it's running. That's a HUGE problem for us too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,627)