cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Trying Finding the Root Cause for - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'.

Hi Flow Experts,

I have a flow that will be trigger on "Create of New item in SharePoint  List"

Error - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnNewItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Title'.'

VijayTailor_0-1592814218949.png

 

Please provide your valuable suggestion.


Thanks in advance/

 

 
 
35 REPLIES 35

Good thought @shaikha92. The setting below on the title field should help mitigate the problem during data entry. From current experience the value does not need to be unique.

 

mtiscia_0-1623047696278.png

 

yes, although its a required by default I've seen where some users change in the settings to hide it and make it optional field then causes problems later such as in migration to SPO. It's a good practice to always use it. For me I'm using it for storing custom request reference ID.

vigneshvijay
Frequent Visitor

Still could not get the point, since I am an new user to power platform.

Please could u elaborate and show me.

here's how to find your title field: 

 

1. Go to your SharePoint list

2. Click the gear icon and select List Settings

3. go to columns and select any column to edit

4. check the url in the browser it should be like this:

 

shaikha92_0-1623050695295.png

repeat on all columns until you identify the title field, then in make sure all items in the list has value in their Title column. Hope its clear now.

Hi @shaikha92 ,

 

Its very clear and I am able to get want went wrong.

Thanks for the solution.😉

aditya_549
Frequent Visitor

The solution is, make sure the title column row for that get Items is not not empty.

Thanks for this, this was the real issue to solve the error above. For some reason a blank line was in sharepoint causing the malfunction of the flow.

MarkBandR
Helper II
Helper II

I spent quite a bit of time tracking this issue down. In the List/Library Settings, the root cause of the error "missing required property" may be hidden if "Allow management of content types?" is set to Yes in Advanced Settings.


Go to Advanced Settings and change "Allow management of content types?" to No. Look at your list of Columns. Look for any field that is marked Required. Regardless of how you have set up for your Content Types for your list, Power Automate will be looking for the Required fields at this level. For any field that you do not want to be required, edit the field, and set "Require that this column contains information" to "No". (You can still set this column to be Required in the Content Type, but Power Automate is checking at this level.) After clearing the Required fields, go back to "Advanced settings" and set "Allow management of content types?" back to "Yes".


You can set the Required fields in your Content Types now and it will not affect your Flows.


In troubleshooting this I have found that you still may not be done. You need to open the Power Automate Flow and re-save it. This will ensure that the Flow has picked up which fields are required. If you still find that the Flow is not running because it thinks a field is Required, you may need to re-select the list in the Trigger and re-save the Flow.

ManiLive
Advocate I
Advocate I

Looks like Microsoft has fixed this issue with SharePoint - Get Items action.  I came across this issue recently with an old flow. 

 

When I created a new flow with the same action, the issue did not appear, even though I had a record with an empty Title value.

Thank you! This works like a charm. But so hassle coz I had to rework all of the flows.

Hi @vigneshvijay ,

 

I had the same problem, turning off pagination doesnt fix the problem. You probably have a required field that is empty in one of your records. The last word in the error will indicate the problem column, mine was 'body/value/27/Email' I had 2 records with blank Email, pagination just meant my flow did reach that record so it seemed like that was problem, after deleting the records i could turn pagination back on is worked again.

Chhannoo
New Member

Hello!

I had same issue and the message in thread has helped me solved the problem.

In my case trigger was create a new item. I had created an approval flow and as a result of approval I wanted to update "status" field. 

The issue was, I had made title field hidden as it was of no use for user. When I made it visible and entered a value on it flow started working. 

Thank you, @rohsh354 .
I've recreated the flow from the scratch and it works now.

Raviteja1992
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

 

I Faced Same Issue. but I Found Solution  Select  Nested Items is "Yes"  in Get Items List. and Create Item you have to mention Title name . then The flow will execute. sharepoint.png

SwJ23
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much! One of my flows was creating Items without a title value and it was occasionally causing a separate flow to fail. Thank you, thank you.

George2022
Regular Visitor

This product is very buggy! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,144)