cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Trying Finding the Root Cause for - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'.

Hi Flow Experts,

I have a flow that will be trigger on "Create of New item in SharePoint  List"

Error - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnNewItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Title'.'

VijayTailor_0-1592814218949.png

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

It looks like you created the flow from the template. As a workaround, please try creating it from blank and verify if you get the same error message.

I have seen some similar scenarios, wherein sometimes the pre-defined templates does not render as expected.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

It looks like you created the flow from the template. As a workaround, please try creating it from blank and verify if you get the same error message.

I have seen some similar scenarios, wherein sometimes the pre-defined templates does not render as expected.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same problem:

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_a_file_is_created_(properties_only)' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnNewFileItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Description'.'

This is created from a blank template. Description is not a require field.

The workflow initially worked now it fails at the very start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I found that deleting the initial trigger - When a file is created (properties) and then recreating it worked.

I then had to update all the variable in the rest of the flow  - a bit of a pain. 

I believe this a bug. 

Hopefully this works for you and Microsoft can look into this problem.

shaikha92
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same issue and tried deleting the flow and creating it again from template/blank but its the same result everytime. Anyone managed to fix this?

I'm trying to copy sharepoint on prem list item data when a record is entered to sharepoint online list. The workflow fails and doesnt start though it used to be working before. any thoughts on this?

Heimdallr
Frequent Visitor

Same problem!
mtiscia
Frequent Visitor

I have seen this error when the list items title value is blank or null. When setting a value, the error goes away. 

This is exactly what happens to me. 

I was trying to update a SP list.  But, the SP List happens to have some blank entries on the Title column.  As we know, each SP List has a Title Column, and it can be renamed.  

Exactly like @mtiscia said, putting some values to this field make this error goes away. 

dchan1

Thanks ..this approach works

Ry2jericho
Frequent Visitor

I found that if you change column format in your list after you already created a flow, it can cause this. To solve I had to delete the action from the flow and put back in again.

tekfu
Frequent Visitor

Not working, I try everything what I find in this forum

check the in SP List Title Column, it shouldn't be empty

tekfu
Frequent Visitor

At my situation is SP library, but should I set default value ?

Yes. Make sure you set a default value and the value applies to all items.

vigneshvijay
Frequent Visitor

I tried removing Pagination from get list item and it works fine

but I need 1000 records to be fetched and I cannot remove pagination how do I overcome  both.

I think there's limitation 10,000 records to be fetched. You can set it in the Action setting.

Switch on Pagination and add the number in the threshold. 

Hi @shaikha92 ,

Actually when I try to set pagination with limit the following error occurs, But if pagination is removed it works fine.

Error.pngerror pagination.png

make sure the Title field is not empty

vigneshvijay
Frequent Visitor

Could u pls help me since there is no Title field in Get Items

It might have been renamed. Check the columns setting one by one and examine the URL. usually the original column name will appear in the url. e.g. layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7B5E4E90C6-FBD7-4BEA-8B60-9006D6860B00%7D&Field=Title

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,611)