cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Trying Finding the Root Cause for - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'.

Hi Flow Experts,

I have a flow that will be trigger on "Create of New item in SharePoint  List"

Error - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnNewItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Title'.'

VijayTailor_0-1592814218949.png

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance/

26 REPLIES 26

Good thought @shaikha92. The setting below on the title field should help mitigate the problem during data entry. From current experience the value does not need to be unique.

mtiscia_0-1623047696278.png

yes, although its a required by default I've seen where some users change in the settings to hide it and make it optional field then causes problems later such as in migration to SPO. It's a good practice to always use it. For me I'm using it for storing custom request reference ID.

vigneshvijay
Frequent Visitor

Still could not get the point, since I am an new user to power platform.

Please could u elaborate and show me.

here's how to find your title field: 

1. Go to your SharePoint list

2. Click the gear icon and select List Settings

3. go to columns and select any column to edit

4. check the url in the browser it should be like this:

shaikha92_0-1623050695295.png

repeat on all columns until you identify the title field, then in make sure all items in the list has value in their Title column. Hope its clear now.

Hi @shaikha92 ,

Its very clear and I am able to get want went wrong.

Thanks for the solution.😉

aditya_549
Frequent Visitor

The solution is, make sure the title column row for that get Items is not not empty.

Thanks for this, this was the real issue to solve the error above. For some reason a blank line was in sharepoint causing the malfunction of the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,979)