cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dga
Frequent Visitor

Trying to convert an excel (existing file) into a PDF file and then emailing a link to the file.

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to the Automate world, so far have been doing well but struggling with a flow.

Basically I have a form which asks users to enter details and then it updates an excel (timetable - for booking items out) and then it emails with a success message as well as link to the timetable. Now, I want to create a PDF file from the updated excel (timetable) for which a link will be emailed to the user as well as it will be visible to all on SharePoint if they want to see which items have been booked out. I don't want the excel timetable to be visible to users as otherwise (due to our organisation settings etc) it can be manually manipulated.

I am trying something of this sort (see below) but failing as the flow is unable to find the file. 

dga_2-1607349686430.png

In the Get File Properties, in ID field the following options are available.

dga_3-1607349760205.png

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dga
Frequent Visitor

Great Thanks for explaining to me, although I managed to workaround the problem with Get File Metadata, Get file properties etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dga :

Firstly let me explain why you encountered this problem.

The parameter "Id" of 'Get file properties' is the item id in the SharePoint library . It is just the number of the item in the SharePoint library, so neither the "When a new response is submitted" trigger or the Update a row action will return this value.

Secondly, If you want to get the item id of the specified file in the SharePoint library, there are two ways:

Solution1: Find the file id directly by modifying the view of the library

v-bofeng-msft_0-1607405590317.jpeg

v-bofeng-msft_1-1607405590317.jpeg

v-bofeng-msft_2-1607405590318.png

Solution2: Get item id by searching file name in flow

v-bofeng-msft_3-1607405590326.png

Best Regards,

Bof

dga
Frequent Visitor

Great Thanks for explaining to me, although I managed to workaround the problem with Get File Metadata, Get file properties etc.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,261)