cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trying to send email from Service account using Send An email(V2) action in Flow which is triggered by PowerApps Button

I am trying to send an Email from Service account using Send and Email(V2) Outlook connector in Microsoft flow once PowerApps button triggers the flow.

But,the email is always getting sent from PowerApps logged in user.

Please help me to configure Microsoft flow email connector.

I tried using From(Send as) with service account by logging in with service account,it gave an error saying "You are not authorized to send email from this account"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Trying to send email from Service account using Send An email(V2) action in Flow which is triggered by PowerApps Button

Hi @ksp1 

In order to send emails from a specific account you need "Send as" permissions on that account, you do it on the Exchange Admin Center.

As an advice, in our company we prefer to use shared mailboxes, in this way you don't need permissions and connections mixed on the Flow. The action is the following:

js-dattics_0-1595184164087.png

Remember to give the "Send As" permission on EAC to the owner of the Outlook connection (normally yourself).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Trying to send email from Service account using Send An email(V2) action in Flow which is triggered by PowerApps Button

Hi @ksp1 ,

If you want to send the email from another emails address, you must make sure the connection account in the send an email action has the permission to send the email on the special email address.

The example below for a reference.(The Test2 account should have the permission to send email from Test1 Ms account)

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

Thanks for the response.I tried that as well.Even by  logging in with Service account and choosing connection as service account.

Still getting the same error.Connection sends out email when from field is empty,but email gets sent from PowerApps logged in user than Outlook connection account(service account)

2020-07-16_18-03-56.jpg

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @ksp1 

In order to send emails from a specific account you need "Send as" permissions on that account, you do it on the Exchange Admin Center.

As an advice, in our company we prefer to use shared mailboxes, in this way you don't need permissions and connections mixed on the Flow. The action is the following:

js-dattics_0-1595184164087.png

Remember to give the "Send As" permission on EAC to the owner of the Outlook connection (normally yourself).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksp1 ,

Does your issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (6,331)