cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
algoossen
Frequent Visitor

Turned off flow for list maintenance but still processed those records when it was turned back on

Good afternoon!  Our team has a flow that generates a notification email when a Sharepoint record is created.  We needed to migrate some records over from our previous list and temporarily turned off the flow to avoid sending out a bunch of emails.  A couple days later we turned the flow back on, and then it went ahead and processed all of those "new" records and sent out the emails anyway.  

Is there another way for us to be able to temporarily suspend the flow activity to prevent this from happening?  Is there a reason why even though the flow was turned off that when it was turned on it still ran for each of those copied records?

Thanks for your insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kaif_Siddique
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can add Control Action Terminate after When an item is created in SharePoint and save it. Now your team can work on migration. The flow will trigger but will not generate a notification email and will stop. Once migration is done. You can remove the Control Action Terminate and save the flow. Please refer below sample flow:

Kaif_Siddique_0-1661456282590.png

Please accept the solution if this help you.

Regards

Kaif

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kaif_Siddique
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can add Control Action Terminate after When an item is created in SharePoint and save it. Now your team can work on migration. The flow will trigger but will not generate a notification email and will stop. Once migration is done. You can remove the Control Action Terminate and save the flow. Please refer below sample flow:

Kaif_Siddique_0-1661456282590.png

Please accept the solution if this help you.

Regards

Kaif

algoossen
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  I wish I knew why it still ran afterward, but at least we have something we can do to work around it.  I'll share the info with my team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,993)