cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darogael
MVP

Twitter's media post

Hello,

I'm trying to build a Flow where the text and attachment from a SharePoint list's item will be posted as a tweet and image on Twitter. The text is going through just fine but the image doesn't. Take a look at the two screenshots below and let me know if this by design or if I am doing something wrong.

Capture.jpgCapture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darogael,

Per testing, the image field is not supported to be inputted as Media under the Twitter Action.

The Image field under SharePoint List should be stored in URL format, which is readable, but the Media input can't accept it as available Media type.

Putting the image content into the Text field should be able to run the flow successfully.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So to confirm, I have added a single line of test column called 'Image2' and in there added the URLs. I am getting these URLs from the image files which are saved in 'Image' column. In Flow, I am using the 'Image2' column to an image to my Twitter post. Is that what you are suggesting? I want to clarify because when I try that the Flow fails. (Take a look at the screenshots below)

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Hi @darogael,

No.

There is nothing to do with the SharePoint List fields type.

What I mean here is the Media under the Twitter action can't accept the Image data from the ShaePoint list.

And the workaround I suggested here is to put the Image and the Title together within the Tweet Text Input.

As below:

94.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael,

So I added the Image from the SharePoint list in Flow's Tweet text, however, all I got was URLs on Twitter. Take a look at the screenshots below. Is that all I should expect from Flow's interaction with Twitter?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

StuartSSTech
Advocate I
Advocate I

Did anyone work this out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (76,216)