Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisingh42188
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

UI Flow Error

I have spoken with Microsoft support about this issue and after
multiple remote sessions they have not been able to help me.

Has anyone else had this same issue?

{
"error": {
"code": "InvalidConnectionCredentials",
"message": "Could not connect to the Power Automate UI flows Agent. Please make sure that the UI flows connection credentials are valid."
}
}
7 REPLIES 7
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chrisingh42188 ,

This is a preview feature, unfortunately, there does not appear to be any similar issues in the forum.

Expect other users or users with similar experience to join this discussion.

Could you tell us whether you encountered this problem when running UI flows or did you encounter this problem when creating UI flows?

As there is no reference, If the problem persists after trying many methods, please try uninstalling UI flows, then reset UI flows according to the documentation and create UI flows to test.

Similar to reinstalling the system, clearing the previous data collection, and then creating UI flows from the blank.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tried the uninstall and reinstallation doesn't help and got the same error 

{
    "message": "Could not connect to the Power Automate UI flows Agent. Please make sure that the UI flows connection credentials are valid."
  }

}

The issue is when i run the ui flow with in a regular flow and i have tried to uninstall and reinstall multiple times and no luck.

Hi there,

1. The username/password needs to be for a domain account or local machine account, not for your Azure AD account. So when I use this, I pass in "<domain>\<user>", or you could use "<machine>\<user>" as well. To find these out, I use the "SET" command in cmd.exe and look for "USERDOMAIN" and "USERNAME" environment variables.
  2. Whatever credentials you use in the username/password should be the same as what you're logged in to the machine with. That's the security restriction for the public preview, to ensure users you might've shared the Gateway with can't automatically run the Agent as you.
  3. If your password was changed recently, use the older password to see if Windows is caching the older password.

Looking forward to your response. If above is useful, would love to hear where you expect to see this information in the UI above.

I have checked my credentials 100 times they are correct. I had Microsoft Support on the phone with me and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working either. Very frustrating

Yes, I can imagine how frustrating it must be. This is definitely an area we need to improve substantially.

Did you pass in domain or machine account or what you log in to the Power Automate with?

I'm having the exact same problem.

Everything is showing as connected. But when I run my flow I get the same error. 

Very sad as I can't use the tool to show to the executives of my company how interesting the UI Flows can be 

{
}
}

I also tried to recreate the connection using the "local machine\user" pattern instead of my company email and now I get a different error:

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (40,426)