cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuelm106

UPDATE FILE TO REPLACE EXCEL CONTENT

New here, just to post this question

so, I have a flow with triggers "When a new Email arrives", from a certain user, with a certain string on subject and with attachments, if those conditions are met, next step is 

Update a file stored on a OneDrive location (not delete, not replace, just update)

both the attachment from the email and the target file on OneDrive are excel workbooks, with identical extensions

I have one flow that works beautifully... But I tried to reproduce it exactly for another process, and....

I am so annoyed!

the flow actually runs successfully and the file IS actually updated, BUT the result is an excel file with 3KB and unaccesible, I get the error "corrupted file etc etc " when I try to open the excel

the worst is that I reproduced the other working flow exactly, even copied it as template, but the second one just doesnt update the excel file correctly.

Any idea of why?

thanks

manuelm106_0-1633739738956.png

1 REPLY 1
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @manuelm106 ,

There may be email signature images which are included in your attachments.  Because they are usually images, you are also saving them as .xlsx hence why you cannot open the file.  You should add a condition to check for filename or file extension equals to .xlsx etc.  

If you go to your flow history, you should see maybe the attachment loop running more than once.  The last attachment in the loop is the one causing the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,393)