cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluelemon247
Frequent Visitor

URL value error - A URL field contains invalid data

Hello wonderful community of helpful people,

Hoping you can help with an intermittent issue i'm having regarding the URL.

Please see flow below

Error message - "Invalid URL value.

A URL field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.
clientRequestId: 449d2f9c-4e3d-4550-900f-018d295f7437
serviceRequestId: 449d2f9c-4e3d-4550-900f-018d295f7437" 

This error message comes up in other flows I have as well but only for certain folders - I wonder if its because the URL is too long? Is there a way of by-passing this?

https://XXXXXXXXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/XXXXXXXXXX/Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?useFiltersInViewX... - this is an example of a link that breaks it (I added the X's for anonymity) 

For context this is what the flow is supposed to do - 'For a selected file' - change the column value - 'update file properties'

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 10.46.50.png

3 REPLIES 3
stacyjpelletier
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem and posted about it today.  I hope we get an answer 🙂

bluelemon247
Frequent Visitor

I may have a fix to this but works with some projects and not with other - but thought it worth posting in case it helps you @stacyjpelletier .

For the URL field that requires filling I use an ETag instead see photo below. You first need to use 'Get File Properties' and then select the ETag from that. I hope this helps you 🙂 

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 09.10.31.png

stacyjpelletier
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I will try this. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,009)