cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltsuda
Level: Powered On

Unable to create a connection with Excel One Drive (personal)

Hi, I'm having a problem to create a connection with Excel Online (OneDrive) (preview).

I have a Office 365 subscription with 5 Users, so I've access to Office applications like Work, Excel, Outlook, One Drive (1TB), etc.

The steps I did:

Flow -> Data -> Connections -> New Connection -> Excel Online (OneDrive) (preview) -> New Browser  window to authenticate with Microsoft account, then insert my @outlook account but received the following error before even having access to type the password.

The error message I got is: "We're unable to complete your request Microsoft account is experiencing technical problems. Please try again later."

Also, sometimes get erro " Graph access token not found. clientRequestId: XXXXXX"

I've tried many times with Chrome/Firefox/Edge and at Work and at Home. So, the problem should not be with the network I was using.

Could someone help with this issue? I'm trying to create a Work Hour flow using One Drive (personal), Excel (One Drive) and Notification. The One Drive connection is working fine though.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to create a connection with Excel One Drive (personal)

Hi @ltsuda,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue?

Excel Online (OneDrive) could be successfully connected when testing it on my side with my personal Outlook account.

1.PNG

Are you able to connect to OneDrive with your personal account?

Could you try again with it? if you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ltsuda

Hi Mabel, 

I'm still having problem with Excel Online (One Drive personal), I just tried again and got the same error.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but here the pictures of the problem and a successful connection with One Drive (personal): https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjSNDQBeIftPgbNoLW9Ycz91zJOmFQ

You can see that when I'm adding the One Drive connection, I got the password screen and when I tried the Excel Online I got the error message. I don't even get the password screen, just put my email, then error message. 

Also, my Office 365 subscription is the "Office 365 Home + 5 PCs/Mac" edition.

Thank you for helping me out.

Best regards and merry christmas.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ltsuda,

Thanks for updating.

With the connection to OneDrive created, it is possible to use Excel Online (OneDrive) related actions. Please just take a try with them.

By the way, please try logging in to https://login.live.com using your Microsoft account and password to check if the account has issues that caused the problem of linking the account.

If the issue still exists, please try to recover your account by following the steps on this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-recover

Hope it could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ltsuda

Hi Mabel,

I'll try these steps later and update my answer.

I appreciate your help (:

Best regards.
ltsuda

Well,

I've tried again login in to login.live.com before logging to Microsoft Flow but no success. I changed my password but no luck either.

So, I'll try to create an empty Flow only using my OneDrive connection.

I don't know if the problem is that the OneDrive (personal) redirects to login.live.com and the Excel Online (OneDrive personal) redirects to login.microsoftonline.com and blocks my account as it's a personal one.

Thank you for helping me out. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ltsuda,

I am using my personal outlook account to create connection to Excel Online (OneDrive), the issue you reported doesn’t occur.

If possible, you could consider submitting a support ticket on this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

ltsuda

Hi Mabel,

I'll do that (:

Thank you very much for your time. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ltsuda,

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding as always.

Please feel free post Flow related issues at here, we are always ready to help.

Best regards,

Mabel

mozzie
Level: Power Up

Hi, I have the same problem. On my account it's been working for a long time but on another account (e.g. my mothers, it doesn't work.)

When setting up the connection i'm also redirected to login.microsoftonline.com which is only for work accounts instead of login.live.com. When the error message appears, it shows login.live.com.

Where can i submit a support ticket for this?

Thanks & best regards

martin

mozzie
Level: Power Up

hey @ltsuda were you ever able to sort out the issue with being redirected to login.microsoftonline.com instead of login.live.com when trying to connect to Excel Online (OneDrive)? I have the same problem...

QPC

Hello.. Me to.. Same problem.. How can i solve it? 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,999)