cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to fetch latest version of item from SharePoint list

Hi,

I have a Flow which includes two levels of approval.

Approval.jpg

On the first approval I am giving a "Link to the item", so that first approver might make some changes before sending it to the next level approver.

But, in the second level approval, the updates made by the first approver are not coming. 

Approval2.jpg

Please help! 

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Soumodip 

Could you please try modifying the link as below and check if that helps you in overcoming the issue.

https://<sharepoint address>/sites/<site name>/Lists/<list name>/DispForm.aspx?ID=<select the ID fro...

once you configure it the link will look as below

file link.PNG

If this information helps you give it a thumbs up and mark the solution as resolved

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Let me see if I understood the current flow design:

So, before sending the first approval, your flow updates SP list item ('Update item 2').

Now, during first approval process, approver can manually update this SP list item.

Then, once first approval is completed, your flow updates again SP list item ('Update item 4'), and next initiate second approval process.

If my understanding is correct, I would suggest to add a 'Get item' just before the second 'UPdate item' ('Update item 4') to capture first approver manual changes and use it as the basis for this second 'Update item' ('Update item 4')

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @Krishna92 ,

The ID is still coming from "Update Item 4" and so pointing to the old version. 😞

Hi @efialttes ,

Your understanding of the issue is correct. I tried your solution, but the problem is:

flow.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot there are no option to get the ID of the latest item (that is after 1st approval), using any of the available IDs will point me to the old version of the item! 😞

Hi @Soumodip 

You can go ahead and use the ID from update item 2 in the get item action. Note that the ID being passed here is just an integer value and the ID of any item is a unique one that cannot be changed. So you can directly pass the one from the update item 2 and the get item will get the latest version of the item. Can you try this setup and check if it resolves your issue?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I have tried it already, but did not work. 😞

Hi @Soumodip 

Can you post a screenshot of the current flow configuration? Also, can you try adding a small delay of about 5 seconds before the get item action and check if it is working? 

What does the HTTP request to sharepoint action do in your original screenshot? You can try getting the last versions of the item from the http request and check if the latest edits are in that list or not. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,142)