cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmolMane
Frequent Visitor

Unable to open Excel File sending from Onedrive with the hlep of Outlook

Hi All,

I have to send an email with attaching  few excel files to my team members on daily basis, i have stored those files on my onedrive.

I have developed power automate flow which sent an email from my outlook attaching excel files from my ondedrive folder to respective DL (to my other team members) on daily basis at 9 am. i could send it but when we tried to open those files from email it's giving error as below. Excel cannot oepn the file-------"filename.xlsx" ,

AmolMane_0-1634146798518.png

flow looks

AmolMane_1-1634148423235.png

AmolMane_2-1634148486216.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate,

Can you please confirm if you are passing the file  - @{body('Get_file_content')['$content']} 

Try to decorate theFile_Content with base64ToBinary() –

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

View solution in original post

AmolMane
Frequent Visitor

Hey i got it, i tried as 

base64ToBinary(body('Get_file_content')['$content'])

thanks for your support!!

4 REPLIES 4
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate,

Can you please confirm if you are passing the file  - @{body('Get_file_content')['$content']} 

Try to decorate theFile_Content with base64ToBinary() –

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Yes i am using body('Get_file_content')['$content'], 

where should i use base64ToBinary(),please help,  i tried with above expression, but no luck getting failed error msg.

(Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Append_to_array_variable_2' inputs at line '1' and column '15463': 'The template language function 'base64ToBinary' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be decoded from base64 )

AmolMane_0-1634154829603.png

AmolMane
Frequent Visitor

Hey i got it, i tried as 

base64ToBinary(body('Get_file_content')['$content'])

thanks for your support!!

Hey Mate @AmolMane 

I am glad that your problem has been resolved 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,767)