cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EDH2022
Regular Visitor

Unable to process template language expressions for Action 'Apply to each 2' at line 0 and column 0 error due to array not being able to be selected

Full error code: "Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Apply_to_each_2' at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language expression 'outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body/responses']' cannot be evaluated because property 'body/responses' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'."

Explanation of the general process:

A line in sharepoint is created, If certain conditions are met an email is sent to a list of people based on variables inside the updated sharepoint. A 'Start and wait for an approval' is started, email is sent with a multiple choice question. One option is selected and there is a comment box. Once that email is responded to, the response fills in the same row that was initially updated in sharepoint.

My questions are:

- What does it mean when it says line 0 column 0?

-  It seems like its failing at the very end when it goes to select the responses from the email what would make it fail if it was working fine a week ago?

- Do I have to assign an integer index to the array for it to select?

I can post pictures of the flow if needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @EDH2022 ,

This error message usually occurs when selecting dynamic values from a nested array, i.e. the 'outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body/responses']'. 

To solve the issue, you can initialize string variables, in the Apply to each control of the response details append response dynamic values to the variable. You need to note that responses from the approval are from multiple approval recipients so you will have to combine them together and populate into a single column of SP list item.

vjefferni_1-1652176606839.png

The expression I framed is to combine the responder emails with change line and populate to the Title column of SP list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MYSTERIO9000

Please someone reply to this.  I am having the exact same issue!

Hi @EDH2022 ,

This error message usually occurs when selecting dynamic values from a nested array, i.e. the 'outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body/responses']'. 

To solve the issue, you can initialize string variables, in the Apply to each control of the response details append response dynamic values to the variable. You need to note that responses from the approval are from multiple approval recipients so you will have to combine them together and populate into a single column of SP list item.

vjefferni_1-1652176606839.png

The expression I framed is to combine the responder emails with change line and populate to the Title column of SP list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,240)