cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaycock
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition'

I have this error on a date condition in my flow..

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '14379': 'The template language function 'formatDateTime' expects its first parameter to be of type string. The provided value is of type 'Null'.

It's a date field in a Sharepoint list that I want to find if it matches today's date and then do something if it is a match etc. It works absolutely fine and does the next steps fine, however the physical flow itself fails because of the above error and I know it will keep emailing me or turn off if it fails every day, even though it is actually working. How can I stop it from failing?

Here is the conditions are formulas:

cond.PNG

formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'), 'yyyy-MM-dd') is equal to
formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')
2 REPLIES 2
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@khaycock ,

What do you see when you view failed flows instance . Do you see compose worked and then next step failed ?

Thanks

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @khaycock ,

Flow failed because the value of the value of 'next event' column was blank.

Please check your datasource.

As @ManishJain 's suggestion, you could try to check the flow run history to troubleshoot.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1640240456968.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,175)