cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakase
Frequent Visitor

Unable to reach app error in Teams Adaptive card after using Update an adaptive card action

Currently having issues with submitting responses in updated Teams adaptive cards. My flow is setup so that an adaptive card is posted by the bot in a channel and can be responded to by multiple users and their responses collected into an Excel sheet. That part works perfectly fine, the issue I'm having is that we want to be able to update the contents (ie status of a task) of the adaptive card without making another card and the users continuing to respond to it. 

Recently Microsoft has released the Update an adaptive card action which works great for adaptive cards that don't need to be responded to. But every adaptive card that I update with it no longer allows it to be submitted after it's updated. I am given the error below in teams when trying to submit:

unable to submit.png

The updated adaptive card JSON is the exact same outside of the title text being updated. I did test using the JSON data for the updated adaptive card into a post adaptive card action and it works fine. My only thought as to why it's failing is that when posting the adaptive card I'm able to give the adaptive card a cardTypeID but you cannot when updating the adaptive card:

Raw input for posted adaptive card with cardTypeID:

posted adaptive card.png

Raw input for updating adaptive card:

updated adaptive card.png

Any assistance would be appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,286)