cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HashamKhalid786
Frequent Visitor

Unable to receive Excel File and How can i create new Excel File in OneDrive

Hi Everyone,

Currently I am working on Power Automate Project, I have already created My Flow Model.

I am facing couple of issues, Kindly please help me to find out the way to solve this issue.

Short Description of my Model: When I receive a new email with (PDF)  -> Get some specific details from that pdf and save in Excel sheet on OneDrive. Automatically that Excel Sheet send it to me. My Flow is working but facing 2-3 issues.

Problems are: When I receive Excel Sheet it doesn't open with excel extension, if I send same PDF file in Auto email generate it works perfectly.

Another issue is, how can I create every time a new Excel Sheet on Cloud instead of different worksheet in the same Excel File on Cloud?

I have attached my Flow Model.

HashamKhalid786_0-1627440300691.png

HashamKhalid786_1-1627440300529.png

1 REPLY 1
ArchitectMadhan
Super User
Super User

Hi @HashamKhalid786 ,

In the Excel file creation process, please check whether you are using the below thing.

Step:1 Add the rows to existing excel file used a template (in this example the template I have used TaskBook.xlsx)

ArchitectMadhan_2-1627572709290.png

Step:2 After adding all the rows to the table in the excel file (template), copy the entire content.

ArchitectMadhan_3-1627572781786.png

Step:3 Creating a new excel workbook dynamically in the SharePoint Document Library.

ArchitectMadhan_1-1627572495185.png

Hope the above steps will be helpful for you to create a excel file with correct file extension. You can also add new worksheet in the existing excel workbook, Instead of creating new excel workbook every time.

If you find my solution helpful for resolving the issue, then please consider giving thumbs up and Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

- Architect Madhan

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and give thumbs up, if it is helpful to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,691)