cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnags
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Unable to send Approval Emails to a Shared Mailbox

Hi All, I am trying to send out an approval email to a Shared Mailbox from Flow. But I am receiving Bad Request when I use SharedMailbox email address

Error Details: Required field 'assignedTo' contained no valid users in the organization

{
  "error": {
    "code": "InvalidApprovalCreateRequestAssignedToNoValidUsers",
    "message": "Required field 'assignedTo' contained no valid users in the organization"
  }
}

Does Approval Flow not support sending out emails to a Shared Mailbox?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bpmpower ,

The distribution list is not supported in the 'Assigned to' field for the approval in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Approvals must be assigned to an individual account - no groups of any type. And the account used must be in your environment.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@krishnags 

If you are trying to use a shared mailbox as the "assigned to" in the approval, then the answer is that this is not supported.  An approval can only be assigned to an individual.

Scott

@ScottShearer

We need to send approval email to a mail-enabled distribution list.  This mail-enabled distribution list contains 3 people and works in Outlook email.  It didn't seem to work.  We entered the distribution list in the 'Assigned to' in 'Start and wait for an approval' FLOW.  Is this supported?

Regards,

Hi @bpmpower ,

The distribution list is not supported in the 'Assigned to' field for the approval in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks you all.  I don't see where I can accept it as solution. 

@ScottShearer thank you for the helpful information. @v-alzhan-msft hope your answer applicable to SharedMailbox too., please confirm.

It would be helpful if you can provide more details on this.

Can we use AD group?  Is there no alternative?  Can we add a column in SharePoint named approvers (People and groups)?  I cannot add more than 1 name in the Person or Group. 

Thank you for your expertise.

Approvals must be assigned to an individual account - no groups of any type. And the account used must be in your environment.

Scott

Thanks Scott for the additional information.  It's resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,689)