cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Unable to update an approval status on sharepoint list

My powerapps is served as an input form. Sumitter gives input and approver can approve through email. Everything works fine from input step to update this input on share point list, send email to approver, and approver can approve to email. This is the however part, after approver responded through email somehow the flow cannot link back to update approval status on to share point. Any thought?

IMG_20201230_211059.jpg

IMG_20201230_211103.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

After you submit you'll need to do a Get Item in the flow to retrieve the updated item to be able to save more changes, like the approval status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You added another parameter in the flow, but it doesn't look like you dropped the flow and re-added it to add the parameter in Power Apps.  That is where the error is coming from.

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

After you submit you'll need to do a Get Item in the flow to retrieve the updated item to be able to save more changes, like the approval status.

Hi Pstork1,

Per your advice, I put Get Item in the flow but cannot work as well, is there any wrong here? 

IMG_20210101_123000.jpg

IMG_20210101_123002.jpg

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What is the error that you are getting?

This is the error.

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2363': 'The template language expression 'encodeURIComponent(triggerBody()['Getitem_Id'])' cannot be evaluated because property 'Getitem_Id' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Sendemailwithoptions_To, Sendemailwithoptions_Body, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_1, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_2, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_3, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_4, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_5, Sendemailwithoptions_Body_6'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You added another parameter in the flow, but it doesn't look like you dropped the flow and re-added it to add the parameter in Power Apps.  That is where the error is coming from.

It does work 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (42,954)