cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Unauthorized error in some cases not other

I built a flow that runs from a powerapp to approvals to sharepoint.  The flow works flawlessly when I, the creator, run in on my computer.  When another person using another computer and does the same actions, it fails and says its unauthorized, error 401.

I followed the steps Here( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/fix-flow-failures ) as best I could, with some help from the forums, but it made no difference. If I need this app to work company wide, I can't go around fixing everyone's connection (not that it worked anyway). And I have tested over and over and it works perfectly from where I sit. 

How can I launch an app/flow when it works only for the creator?

I am at a loss. 😩 Please Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @AGaudioASG

Which connection are you using for the SharePoint connection? Is it your account? Or a Service account.
One thing to note.. everyone will need access to SharePoint. Please make sure that everyone that is using the Flow is added to that SharePoint site

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

That's an interesting point. Its the sharepoint connection that is failing. The connection has my name on it but the sharepoint is open to the whole company. Would I need to redo the connection using a different login? Nobody outside the company would have access to this app/list but we use sharepoint as like an company intranet.  

connection.png

@AGaudioASG

I would try leaving it as your connection. But the users will have to be physically added to the site.

Do a test, add someone to the site and than have them trigger the flow and see if they still get an unauthorized error

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

I don't understand what you mean by add them to the site. 

The test that failed was run by the guy who built the site that the app sits in and that holds the sharepoint list. So I am pretty sure he has master access, lol.

Could you pose the error message please?

—Josh

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

part 1.png

part 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (19,084)