cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fyver
Frequent Visitor

Unexplainable amount of flow runs on "When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3)"

Dear all,

I have build a flow that "mirrors" an active project calendar (exchange account for the project) in a SharePoint list to enable external stakeholders to get an overview of the upcomming (and past) meetings incl. some enriched information by us, e.g. agenda points, meeting minutes, ... 

This flow was left unmonitored by me and tonight I got the message, that the flow was disabled as the free plan only allows for 750 updates per month. That hit me by surprise, as I could not imagine that 750 meetings have been modified, delted or added in the last 7 days.

The run history shows an absurd amount of runs within the same minute (ignore the failed status, thats fine):

fyver_0-1607343066973.png

I cannot realy narrow down the "trigger" of that behaviour besides one finding: I have the feeling, that meeting series is a reason for that, e.g. adjusting the time of a meeting series that has 150 occurences in the next year trigges 150 flow runs, i.e. one for each meeting in the series. Is this the expected behaviour? Any other ideas what I could check? Are there workarounds to not trigger the flow that often if dealing with meeting series?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

*edit*

This comes probably together with the behaviour that a participant accepting a meeting invitation or similar, also triggers the flow. For my example this would be: meeting series with 50 occurences in the next 300 days and 10 participants = 500 flow runs. Kinda feels inefficient / uneconomic.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (66,724)