cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LearningPAuto
Frequent Visitor

Update Existing Sharepoint list from Excel: Not all items updating

Hi - I am new to Power Automate and this Community, so please feel free to guide me in the right direction. 

Excel List: 1762 Rows

• Column A 'Client ID' (no duplicates in Excel Sheet)
  • Column B 'Value' to be uploaded

SharePoint List: 8602 Items

• Column 1 'Client ID' (duplicates)
  • Column 2 Destination for 'Value', based on value in Column 1

Goal: Update all Items in SharePoint list with 'Value' from Excel; So one row in Excel should update many items in SharePoint. 

I have built a Flow which is updating 90% of the items in the SharePoint list, but I am getting anomalies where Column 2 is not updating/matching Excel Column B. 

I originally thought that this was because of the 5000 item limit, so I cut my Excel List down into smaller sets (e.g. uploaded 600 rows each time) but this did not solve the issue. 

If I test by uploading one row from the Excel at a time then the upload is successful and the anomaly is fixed - but this defeats the objective. 

UPDATE: I have identified that 1588 records did not update correctly, meaning that the number that did update correctly exceeds the 5000 limit. 

UPDATE 2: I have tried loading records in smaller batches

- First attempt: 500 Excel Rows = 488 successful updates

-Second attempt: 1000 Excel Rows = 257 successful updates. 

I can't see a rhyme or reason why the upload would fail at these levels... Could there be something in my Excel source data that is tripping the flow? All columns are TEXT. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@LearningPAuto 

Can you please share screenshot of your flow ?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
LearningPAuto
Frequent Visitor

@Mira_Ghaly Does this help?

LearningPAuto_0-1626245734356.png'

LearningPAuto_4-1626246414630.png

LearningPAuto_3-1626246388876.png

Does this help?

@LearningPAuto

Your flow looks pretty good, I am sorry not being able to spot what might be the issue.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly 

Thank you anyway. Hopefully someone else might have some ideas. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,191)