Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostInTheSauce
Helper I
Helper I

Update List Item Hyperlink with Folder URL and description "Link to Documents"

Hey Everyone,

Looking to see how I can complete this tasks.

1. When an item is created in a list,

2. Generate a Folder in a document library (I've had success with this),

3. Update item with the generated Folder with the description always defaulting "Link to Documents"

I've had success until Step 3.  Looking Engagement Flow Issue.jpgfor any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

So you just want to add a link to the Hyperlink field instead of updating the description of the Hyperlink field.

As far as I know, we could not update the description of the Hyperlink field by using Update item action.

If you only want to add the link of the newly created folder to the Hyperlink field, please try to refer to the following image:

49.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

Currently, we could not update the description of the hyperlink by Update item action.

We need to send an HTTP request to achieve this, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/power-apps-power-automate/updating-a-hyperlink-field-both-url...

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Barry,

So this doesn't make sense.  I am about to complete this action in other flows that were developed 2+ months ago with the same flow actions.  There was no need for HTTP.  Something recently changed within flow to stop this from working.  I know flow is always updating and growing but it actually stopped something that was really easy to do. HTTP is more involved.

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

So you just want to add a link to the Hyperlink field instead of updating the description of the Hyperlink field.

As far as I know, we could not update the description of the Hyperlink field by using Update item action.

If you only want to add the link of the newly created folder to the Hyperlink field, please try to refer to the following image:

49.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,176)