cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update List Item Hyperlink with Folder URL and description "Link to Documents"

Hey Everyone,

Looking to see how I can complete this tasks.

1. When an item is created in a list,

2. Generate a Folder in a document library (I've had success with this),

3. Update item with the generated Folder with the description always defaulting "Link to Documents"

I've had success until Step 3.  Looking Engagement Flow Issue.jpgfor any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update List Item Hyperlink with Folder URL and description "Link to Documents"

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

So you just want to add a link to the Hyperlink field instead of updating the description of the Hyperlink field.

As far as I know, we could not update the description of the Hyperlink field by using Update item action.

If you only want to add the link of the newly created folder to the Hyperlink field, please try to refer to the following image:

49.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update List Item Hyperlink with Folder URL and description "Link to Documents"

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

Currently, we could not update the description of the hyperlink by Update item action.

We need to send an HTTP request to achieve this, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/power-apps-power-automate/updating-a-hyperlink-field-both-url...

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry,

So this doesn't make sense.  I am about to complete this action in other flows that were developed 2+ months ago with the same flow actions.  There was no need for HTTP.  Something recently changed within flow to stop this from working.  I know flow is always updating and growing but it actually stopped something that was really easy to do. HTTP is more involved.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

So you just want to add a link to the Hyperlink field instead of updating the description of the Hyperlink field.

As far as I know, we could not update the description of the Hyperlink field by using Update item action.

If you only want to add the link of the newly created folder to the Hyperlink field, please try to refer to the following image:

49.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,596)