Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dina
Helper I
Helper I

Update SPO List from Excel date field

Hi Community, 

I am building a flow that will keep my SPO list updated daily. The values come from an excel document with a table. 

I need to update my SPO list only with values that were created or updated in the last 4 or 5 days. The excel file has a "enteredDate" column and an "updatedDate" . 

I currently only have one condition in my flow. See below:

Excel document

Dina_0-1631929496205.png

Dina_2-1631929571095.pngDina_3-1631929585692.png

What is working - the flow is pulling records and updating everything that doesn't match but not necessarily the latest updates. The flow expires because excel has too much data in it. 

I need help with creating a second condition/or the right path to ensure that my flow is only fetching the data based on the -5 days of the day of.. that can be pulled from the excel "enteredDate" and "updatedDate". 

Here is my current list - I can see some values being updated but when I validate based on the lastest/ more recent information. I am missing updates. 

Dina_4-1631929889691.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Dina Let's consider you want to update last week record in SPO list. In this case, you need to use flow action-Get past time'. This action gives you past week start date from current running date. Then use filter array to filter past week excel records. Please make sure that your dates- one from excel and one from Get Past Time action are in same format. 

In this way you can get your past week records from excel and then you can update your SPO List.

Let me know in case you need further help.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Dina
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @Hardesh15! Can you provide details on how to accomplish that, please? 

Thank you, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,311)