cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattSl
Regular Visitor

Update Task Details - Include link to 'When a file is created in a folder'

I'm creating a task when a file is uploaded to a specific folder.  I am able to create the task, then update the task with some additional details.  What I would like to do is include a link to the specific file in my task update step, but I'm not sure how to do that.  For now, I've just added a static link to the folder.

Also, when I update task details, is there a way to not check the 'display on card'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MattSl ,

Please try the following configuration:

165.PNG166.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MattSl 

You can use Update Task details action.

1.JPG

Please see if this works.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

I am using the 'Update Task Details', however I'm trying to figure out how to set the link to be to the SharePoint file that triggered the flow itself.  Right now I'm just linking the folder, as that is static.  I'd prefer to link the specific file.  

@MattSl 

What is your trigger for the flow?

If it is "For a selected file", then, you can find ItemUrl .

In the Update Task Details action, you can assign ItemUrl from "For a selected file" trigger.

Please provide additional details for the trigger and if possible, share the flow screen shot.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

sshot-439.png

Here is the flow.

MattSl
Regular Visitor

Should I try selecting 'File Identifier'?  Not sure where the ItemURL is that you referenced.sshot-440.png

MattSl
Regular Visitor

Looks like the Reference Alias has a few more options than the 'References Resource Link' that was shown prior.

sshot-441.png

@MattSl 

ItemURL is the property of "For a selected file or folder" trigger. 

You are using different trigger so you will not find it.

We need to construct the URL with File Identifier.

File Name and File Path does not give actual values but some GUIDs. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Hi @MattSl ,

Please try the following configuration:

165.PNG166.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

That worked great, thanks for the step-by-step!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,159)