cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update row in Excel from Powerapp CDS

So I have a PowerApp set up with Flow to export the data into a table in Excel.  

Right now, Flow inserts a new row into the table when a new "Case" is created.  Now, when that Case is edited, flow creates another row with the new information.  How can I have Flow go edit the specific row that was edited instead of creating a new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update row in Excel from Powerapp CDS

Hi Adash,

Hope my steps could be a reference for you.

Before creating the flow, I create an Excel table. There is a CustomID column in the table.

Then create a flow to insert row when a record is created in CDS Case entity. I configure the CustomID column with the dynamic content “Case ID”.

3.PNG

Then create another flow to update Excel table when a record is updated. I add a Condition in this flow to check if the Case ID is equal to CustomID. If yes, update row, if no, do nothing.

I run the flow on my side. It is working fine.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side and let me know if it also works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Adash,

Hope my steps could be a reference for you.

Before creating the flow, I create an Excel table. There is a CustomID column in the table.

Then create a flow to insert row when a record is created in CDS Case entity. I configure the CustomID column with the dynamic content “Case ID”.

3.PNG

Then create another flow to update Excel table when a record is updated. I add a Condition in this flow to check if the Case ID is equal to CustomID. If yes, update row, if no, do nothing.

I run the flow on my side. It is working fine.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side and let me know if it also works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.  Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have a problem with this solution working. 

When I try to add dynamic content, it won't put it in the "Row id" and instead puts it in the "ID" bar that's in my table. 

2017-05-11_9-26-28.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,306)